- Study Subject: Language and Communication Technologies
- Employer: Erasmus Mundus
- Level: Masters
It involves studying one year at one of the Universities of the consortium, and completing the second year with a stay in one of the partner Universities. After this, the student will obtain two already approved Master of Science/Arts degrees with legal value in the countries of issue.
The amount of the Erasmus Mundus scholarship for students beginning in 2010 is 24,000 Euros per student per year for overseas students and aproximately 10,000 Euros per student per year for non-overseas students. The application for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship is done through the Application Form of the LCT Masters Program, that is, when you apply to the EM LCT program, you are simultaneously applying for the scholarship.
Application procedure and deadlines
Complete applications are due for both, overseas and non-overseas applicants on January 17th, 2011 (new deadline).
Non-overseas applicants are defined as nationals of an EU member state, an EEA-EFTA state (Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein) or other nationals who have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
Overseas applicants are all others.
NB: Special note for applicants from Switzerland, Turkey, Western Balkans region (i.e. Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, Kosovo under UNSC resolution 1244/99, Former Yugoslavian Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia). Unless otherwise determined due to residency abroad, your application should be submitted under the area “overseas”.
In order for your application to be considered complete, please:
I. Please, submit via our online form:
- a statement of interest written in English. Please write at most two pages focusing on:
- your reasons for applying
- your areas of interest in relation to the various disciplines that contribute to the methods of language and communication technologies (Language Technology, Computational and Theoretical Linguistics, and Computer Science)
- your preferences for the host and partner Universities
- a current Curriculum Vitae (CV), written in English
- certified copies of:
- a. your Bachelor’s degree
- b. certificates attesting to the fulfillment of the language requirements
- a transcript of academic records.
- Letter of Recommendation for overseas application or
- Letter of Recommendation for non-overseas application according to your status.
If your original documents are in a language other than English, please also submit certified translations.
Notification of acceptance will be issued by March 31, 2011.